Sunday, October 30, 2011

Time For Some R N' R

For the past few weekends, I've been running, running, running. Between the jewelry show, various parties and charity walk, it's been non-stop activities. It's been a lot of fun, but tiring nevertheless.

This weekend, I finally got to relax -- and it was wonderful. We saw two movies (In Time and Paranormal Activity 3), I watched episodes of the series SWITCHED AT BIRTH online and we went for a nice walk today. I got some exercise, I got to hang out and spend some quality time with my hubby and I got to slow down for a while.

Next month is gearing up to be another crazy one, but I'm looking forward to it. The New Year's Midnight Run in Central Park is right around the corner, so I need to start training for that. It's only four miles, less than the diabetes walk, but I'd like to complete it in 80 minutes (doing 20 minute miles) and be able to do it without having to stop for breaks.

I still can't speed walk, but my pace is picking up. I'm also getting stronger. When we walked up the hill near our house today, I made it up to the top without stopping and it felt a lot less steep than before. It took me by surprise, but in a good way. I have two months to prepare for the Midnight Run so I should be able to achieve this goal. I just hope it doesn't snow that evening -- but that one is out of my control!

Meantime, I'm meeting with the diabetes educator this week. I'm interested to see how my weight is and if the thyroid meds are working. I feel like I've lost because my clothes are hanging on me, but I was way off the last time. I'd like to get a new scale, so if anyone reading has recommendations for scales that have a higher weight limit, I'm all ears.

I'm so happy that it's fall, especially after being so sick this summer. It's great to go out each weekend and enjoy the crisp air and sunshine, and falling leaves. I'm getting out and taking in the world and not letting life pass me by.

No comments:

Post a Comment