Thursday, June 10, 2010

Getting A Little Personal

I was speaking with a friend earlier tonight and pointed out to him that whiile he faithfully reads my blog, there are still some personal things that I don't know about him. Then it occured to me that as much as I'm getting into my weight loss (and broken leg) saga here on this blog, that many of my readers still probably don't know the basics about me. So here are some fun facts about Mrs. Thighs (sorry, I'm remaining anonymous).

1. I'm technically Jewish, but don't really practice anything having to do with the religion.

2. My favorite color is blue, though my favorite shades are turquoise and aquamarine. I love any blue that reminds me of the ocean and sky.

3. I play flute and a little piano. In college, I also played saxophone and clarinet.

4. I hate fish and seafood. I also hate mayonnaise.

5. I have really strange taste in movies. I hated The Godfather, which is supposed to be this epic film, but I love the original Bring It On with Kirsten Dunst. I also love Muriel's Wedding, Stand By Me and adore mockumentaries. Drop Dead Gorgeous and Waiting For Guffman are classic.

6. I have eclectic musical taste. I like classical and 80s pop, but also enjoy disco, rap and dance music. I used to hate country, but it's starting to grow on me. But I'm not a big fan of ballads and schmaltzy music -- I need a good beat.

7. I don't read nearly as much as I should. I read a lot of teen novels because I tried to have my own teen book published a few years ago. I also like Stephen King and Haruki Murakami's books, as well as John Irving's.

8. I don't keep up with politics as much as I should. Most of what I know is because my husband fills me in. Terrible, I know. But to be fair, I help him out with pop culture, so I guess we're even.

9. I consider myself to be liberal when it comes to my beliefs, but I like to see both sides of an issue. I try to, anyway, though I can get pretty heated if someone is against something I stand for.

10. I have an annoying habit where I "cutesify" anything I find adorable, like animals. I mainly do this to annoy my husband (cuz it's fun!) but if we pass a field of cows, I'll be like, "Look, cowies!" or horses, "Horsies!" or sheep, "Baa baas!" Note that I do NOT speak like this in my every day conversation, but I do it to be (sort of) funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment