Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Frustrations

After having such a great weekend, I'm sorry to say that my week is sucking so far. Basically, we're at war with our downstairs neighbor. I partially blame my husband for not handling things well and mostly blame this woman for being completely psycho. But let's just say that for the past two nights, we've been up to about 4 a.m. dealing with her and the cops. It's not pretty. My friend suggested to me that I try to make amends and give her a plant, but when we tried to be civil toward her, she flipped out.

Being non-confrontational and a pacifist, I don't really know how to handle this. I was so stressed out last night that I was hysterically crying and ended up vomiting all over the floor. Now that it's getting on 10 p.m. here, my stomach is tying in knots again. I'm seriously afraid of it being late at night. On my way home, I kept looking out at the apartment buildings that the bus passed, wishing that I lived in any of them over our current place. I suggested to Jon that we stay in a hotel for a few nights until everything blows over, but he said that if we do that, we're letting her win. A friend has offered to let me stay at her place, but much as I appreciate it, she has to work too, and I don't want to be intrusive. I just want to get some sleep without this person bothering us in the middle of the night. That's it -- that's all I ask; that I get back to my routine so I can function.

I'm not a very religious person, but I'm beginning to regret going apple picking on Yom Kippur. Perhaps this is a sign that we should've stayed home and done the fast. I'm thinking of fasting this weekend to make up for it and see if I can get my world back on track. I know that might sound crazy, but I feel like I have to do *something* because right now everything feels very out of control.

The good news is, I haven't binged. I'm seriously considering packing a bag and hopping on a plane so I can literally just escape somewhere, but I haven't overeaten in the process. Go me?

I guess I'm going to have to try to sleep soon, but it'll be with one eye open since I'm fearing that we'll have yet another midnight "adventure." I really hope that things are just normal tonight. I'm a good person and don't deserve having to put up with this. I don't want to have problems with a crazy neighbor. All I want is for everyone to get along and to leave me the hell out of their issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment