Saturday, September 11, 2010

Remembering

I always get a little nervous and depressed on September 11 and probably will continue to do so for years to come.

I was in the city on the day that the Towers were hit and was very lucky; I wasn't hurt, nor were any of my friends or loved ones. Still, it was a frightening experience. At the time Jon was still in the National Guard so he was called up to do some clean-up around the city. I wasn't sure if he was going to be sent overseas eventually, and was very depressed. Thankfully he was never sent anywhere and his tenure ended in 2002. Still, I know many others who weren't so lucky and had family members sent to the Middle East.

It's days like this that I need to remember how fortunate I am to have my friends, family and health -- and that I need to continue taking care of myself. I came home alive from the city that day when many did not.

No comments:

Post a Comment