Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Goals For April And Beyond

I really hate it when my body doesn't cooperate. I've had a sore throat all week; today, I was feeling better, but then I threw out my back. So there went my plan to go to the gym after work.

Still, all is not lost. I'm going to do the BowFlex tonight and work on some back strengthening exercises. I need to do more strength training, anyway, so it works out.

As of now, I have 45 days until Greece so I need to come up with definite goals for April. I keep thinking that the month is almost over because we're into the May issue at work, but April's just started! That gives me plenty of time to enjoy it.

I want to continue going to gym -- more often than I have this week, obviously -- and also use the BowFlex in the mornings. I've been sleeping a bit better, so if I can get my butt out of bed by 7:30, I can get in a nice 20-minute routine. If I do this every day and then go to the gym three times a week, that's a decent amount of exercise.

I've also been thinking about longer term goals, things I'd love to do if I were in better shape. I'm always looking for new projects, like the jewelry making, and being fit opens a lot of doors. Some of my future goals include:

Learning to ballroom dance
Hiking Bear Mtn, which is near my in-laws
Scuba diving
Riding a bike down the Maui volcano in Hawaii

None of these goals are too extreme. I'm not planning to become a decathlete or even a triathlete. These are just some fun activities that I'd love to try.

On days like this when it's rainy and I ache, it's easy for me to fall into a rut and say, "I can never do this." Having goals gives me stuff to look forward to.

What are some of your fitness goals?

No comments:

Post a Comment