Thursday, January 27, 2011

Long, Cold Winter....

New York City was hit with another blizzard and I've been hit with another cold. It's getting pretty ridiculous. I think it's because of the way our new office space is set up. We're all in cubicles in an internal area with no windows, and they keep the heat cranked up really high. So we've all been passing a cold around in this hot, stale air. At work, people are sneezing and coughing all day. It's pretty awful.

I am feeling better, though, and have lost about five pounds! See, being sick has advantages. Seriously, I've been eating a lot more veggies and have cut back on bread. I now only eat bread for breakfast on the weekends, which seems to be making a difference.

I still have a lot of work to do, but my back has been feeling better, which is really good news. I'm slowly getting my mobility back to where it was. I feel like I'm not so fun to hang out with since I can't do all that much and I want to change that.

In other news, I've been watching this new show on A&E called HEAVY. Each week, they feature two morbidly obese patients and follow them for six months as they embark on a weight loss program. The patients go to this ranch for a month, where they work with trainers, and then have to follow the program at home. So far, I like it, though I wish they'd give us more information on what the people are eating. But the trainers are reasonable; they don't yell at them like they do on THE BIGGEST LOSER and have them do workouts that are appropriate for the obese, like water aerobics. And the patients lose an achievable amount of weight. I sort of wish I could do this program, though I would not want to be on TV. I give these people credit for being so brave!

Well, a week from today is my birthday. I have some celebrations coming up, but am confident that I can lose another five pounds if I push myself. Then I'll reach my birthday goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment