Sunday, February 6, 2011

Sweating To The Oldies

Who knew that you could work up a sweat simply by singing? That's what I discovered last night when I went out for karaoke with friends. We were there for three hours and by the time we finished, I realized that I had built up a sweat.

I know that this was because I was active, even though we were sitting. But was moving around, dancing in my seat and waving my hands the whole time. When we sang "Stayin' Alive," we did the classic hand movements; when we sang "Piano Man," we swayed from side to side. I guess for me, it was somewhat like the aerobic programs that they often for the elderly or wheelchair-bound people, where instructors have patients concentrate on moving their upper bodies. So I got a little workout in and I didn't even know it! I was too busy having fun singing and dancing the whole time.

I also didn't eat too much last night. We ordered Japanese food at the karaoke place, but it's hard to eat and sing. I had some miso soup and veggie tempura, but by the time my chicken came, I was too busy enjoying the karaoke. My husband and his friend ended up finishing my dish. Today I had lunch with my parents, but I was really on plan; I had veggie fajitas with broccoli, cauliflower and zucchini.

I've decided that I would like to join a gym. There's one right by the bus/subway stop so it's convenient, and the online price is reasonable. I'm a little nervous about getting back into that, but I know that it will be good for me. I've been doing well with my eating for the past couple of weeks and need to take the next step. Now I just have to get up the courage to sign up.

No comments:

Post a Comment