Monday, August 2, 2010

Off To A Good Start...

Whew, I'm exhausted! My first day back in the office turned out to be a particularly long one. Happily, they didn't bog me down with work, but I got there early and then had to go to my counseling session afterward, But the real reason that I'm so tired is because of all the walking I did today. I took a car service in, but in the evening, I took the bus, so I had to do the 10 minute walk from my office to the bus stop (which took me about 25 minutes). Then I had to walk from the stop in Queens to my therapist's office (which took another 25 minutes). I probably walked about 3/4 of a mile ... which is like 10 miles for me. My feet are sore and I'm a little worn out, but I'm glad that I'm getting in better shape.

What was nice is that my shrink noticed my weight loss. It feels good that people are starting to see it, though it's still not so obvious. Some days it's frustrating because I FEEL thinner, but then I see myself in the mirror or see myself next to someone else and I realize how fat I still am. I was having one of those days today, so I felt better after my shrink gave me the compliment. I know that I shouldn't care about what others think, but the encouragement helps.

I'm happy to report that I also survived eating at the workplace today. Truthfully, I was kind of disappointed that my co-workers didn't throw me a welcome back party, but at the same time, I was glad that I didn't have to eat cake that someone made for me, just to be polite. Instead, I munched on grapes and string cheese throughout the day, and that kept me satisfied. When I came home around 9 p.m., I was starving, so I had my chicken and veggies, but I didn't feel the need to wolf it down. I had about half the entree and then put the rest away.

I hope that all of my walking today results in a big loss. As I told my therapist, I'm taking advantage of the fact that my body is still in shock from all of this sudden activity! It would be really wonderful if I could begin Fall a couple of sizes smaller.

No comments:

Post a Comment