Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Pants On The Ground

I had a rather unusual problem today -- unusual for me, anyway. My skirt was too big ... and I kept fearing that it would fall down as I walked. I still wanted to wear it, though, because it's brand new and I'd like to get a few uses out of it before having to give it up. That said, I wasn't expecting it to be large on me already. I guess I should've ordered it in the next smaller size. Happily, it stayed intact after I rolled over the waist a few times, but there were a couple of close calls.

Having a problem like this is a good thing, though, as I'm usually concerned that my clothes will split from being too tight on me. Despite having to retire a skirt that I really like, it will be nice to buy smaller and more fashionable outfits.

What's really nice is that more people seem to be noticing the weight loss, though many aren't actually coming out and saying it. Still, I've been getting a lot of comments like, "You look good!" To be fair, I'm not sure if they're saying it to be nice since I had surgery and am finally walking again, but I choose to think they're saying it because I DO look good -- or at least better than I looked a few months ago.

My walking is still shaky, but I'm getting places ... slowly. I think my legs need a break because I was sooo tired today that I could barely move at work. Because I'm back in the city, my social calendar has suddenly filled up. It's fun, but at the same time, I'm looking forward to Sunday when I can sleep in and don't have to worry about going anywhere.

Tomorrow is the big day when I see my orthopedist. Hopefully, this will be my last visit, but I'm nervous that he'll tell me that something is wrong and I'll have to wear a cast again -- or even worse, will need more surgery. I don't THINK that anything's wrong since my leg feels good, but I'll rest a lot easier hearing it from him. It'll definitely be a little strange walking into his office!

I remember how just a couple of months ago, I wasn't sure I'd ever walk again, so being able to move is still a bit of a novelty to me. Here's hoping that a couple of months more from now, all of these struggles that I'm currently dealing with will also be a distant memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment