Tuesday, March 15, 2011

On My Own

Karen had a work function tonight so for the first time in a long time, I went to the gym on my own. It was fine. No one looked at me or said anything to me, or bothered me in any way.

I completed my goal of 30 minutes and am proud of my work. I ended up doing 10 on the elliptical, 15 on the bike and 5 on the treadmill. On the elliptical and bike, I tried to challenge myself. I kept raising the crossramp on the elliptical and managed to do Level 13; on the bike, I managed to walk at 2 mph, with an incline of 2.5. Though I have a lot of work to do, I've definitely improved from last week. Hopefully, I'll continue to see results each week and will be in nice shape for our trip. If I keep pushing myself -- gradually -- I'll get there.

The hardest part of my workout is still having to climb those damn stairs at the end. It's just that when I'm finished exercising, I want to collapse; I don't want to climb a huge staircase. But I figure that this is getting me into shape, as well, so it's all good...

No comments:

Post a Comment