Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Setting New Goals

Whew! After doing 30 minutes of cardio at the gym, my ankle is pretty sore today. So I took tonight off and figured I'd use this time to plan my workout for tomorrow.

I've been doing pretty well on the elliptical and bike, but I'd like to improve on the treadmill. That said, I'd like to aim for doing seven minutes on it, maxing out at an incline of 3 and a speed of 2.2 mph. If I can maintain this for two minutes, I'll be really happy. No, seven minutes isn't much, but I'm trying to be careful. I feel like going slowly is working for me and I want to continue to progress. For me, a 2.2. mph walk is practically a jog!

I like having a goal for my workouts because it gives me something to be excited about and focused on. I still haven't been sleeping well, which is very annoying. I'd eventually like to do a short BowFlex workout in the mornings, but right now, I'm trying to get all the sleep I can.

In other news, my eating has been going well and I have a lot to look forward to this spring. Things might not be the best with my folks at the moment, but the rest is good. Working out is only making them better.

No comments:

Post a Comment