Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Gym Date And Spinach Juice

Last night, I returned to the gym. I think it went pretty well, considering what terrible shape I'm in. I did 10 minutes on the bike and then 5 on the elliptical. Once upon a time, I could do 90 minutes on the elliptical, but I'll get there slowly, but surely.

The biggest thing I had to deal with were my nerves. It's always tough for me to start something new, especially when it's something that deals with my body. Thankfully, Karen was there so I didn't have to go it alone. When we entered, this woman by the front desk gave me the once over and a strange look, but I ignored her and went on in. After, I felt a little self conscious because I was wearing a bright pink shirt (talk about standing out!), but no one else looked at me or said anything. Besides, Karen assured me that if anyone did, she'd kick his or her ass. It's nice to have such a devoted body guard! We're planning to return to Bally's tomorrow, so my goal is to do 15 minutes on the bike and 10 on the elliptical. That's almost a normal workout.

I'm also continuing my quest to eat more fruits and veggies, so today I tried something new: a juice and spinach mix made with freshly-squeezed apple and orange juice with greens mixed in. It sounded a little odd, but I know a lot of people swear by having greens mixed into their smoothies. It wasn't bad. A little weird, but decent. You'd get the tartness of the fruit juices ... and then an aftertaste of well, salad. I'd try it again, though, especially since it's an easy way to get in some green veggies.

Since I'm doing these things, I'm feeling a little more confident about Greece. If I keep increasing my times on the machines and eating well, I should be able to climb those hills in Santorini. I don't even care how I look for the trip; I just want to have a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment